June 27, 2011

Ryan Innes, Truman & Brooke White

Friday night I had the opportunity to photograph a concert featuring some very talented artists, held at the Tahitian Noni Gardens in Provo. The gardens are so beautiful in the summertime, and the amphitheater there is such a neat venue.

The first performer was Ryan Innes - which I was so excited about because I love his voice. So much. I read on his website that someone compared his voice to a Lindor truffle and I decided that is a perfect comparison. Lindor white chocolate truffles and Ryan Innes' voice are two of my favorite things. It also describes him on his website this way: "If Michael Buble and Joni Mitchell had a love child raised by Jimi Hendrix and babysat by Norah Jones, that child would be Ryan Innes." Check out Ryan's website here and stream one of my favorites, Something Natural, or look him up on itunes and buy a copy of his version of Georgia On My Mind - another favorite of mine.

”utah

”utah

”utah

”utah

The second act was Truman. Ben and Chad's father is a member of the band Diamond Rio, and the brothers sing a little of everything - from country to jazz, and did a fabulous cover of Pure Imagination. They have a Myspace page here.

”utah

”utah

”utah

”utah

The final performer was Brooke White, who was an American Idol contestant in 2009. To be honest, I rarely watch AI, but I did know who Brooke was because she was on the same season as David Archuletta, and living in Utah that season made AI ignorance impossible. Brooke did a wonderful job performing, she played both the piano and guitar and even debuted a few new songs with Jack Matranga that will be on their EP for their new duo, Jack and White. The crowd really loved Brooke, shouting out all sorts of compliments at her and really interacting with everything she said.

”utah

”utah

”utah

”utah

”utah

”utah

No comments: